Pages

Tuesday 12 April 2016

Giovanna Fletcher


I love reading. I've always wanted to have my own book review blog, where I can just piece together my rambling thoughts of a book I thoroughly enjoyed. My book genre preferences are confusing and honestly I like nearly everything. However I imagine that John Green, Nicholas Sparks, Giovanna Fletcher, Graeme Simsion and Stephen King are going to be consuming my mind and blog nearly all the time, (I am open for suggestions to other authors, obviously). I've also just recently been collecting Barnes and Nobles Classic Collectible Editions, I think they're called that. They just look so pretty and enchanting.  (My unrealistic dream is to have my own library filled with these collectible books, and yes there would be rules for handling such precious items.) As you can tell I am a massive fan of buying books rather than downloading them onto a kindle or another e book device. My only exception to this rule is Wattpad and if you haven't heard of that website then I suggest you take a look, especially if you love writing and have no idea how to express it to the world, it's a good start.

For 6 years I have loved reading and the author that I personally think made an impression on every young teenager out there was Stephenie Meyer with the Twilight Saga. Stephenie Meyer introduced me to the addiction that you could have from one book, and for that I am forever grateful to her. At 13 I thought her books were enchanting, magnificent and by the last page of Breaking Dawn I didn't want it to end. I recently went back and re read the entire series again and obviously reading a lot of different authors over 7 years my taste has changed and the style of writing I prefer has differed from when I was 13. Not to say  that she's not good or anything, my taste has just gone away from fantasy (exception of course Harry Potter).

The first book that I want to review is by Giovanna Fletcher. (I am going to be very biased about this book as I already think that the author is amazing). The book title is You're The One That I Want. This was my first book to read in 2015 and it has made high standards for any other book I read this year. I was gripped the whole way through and I didn't put it down once (my coursework was put on hold so that I could finish this book in one day). The three main characters Maddy, Ben and Robert are my three second favourite friendship group (first is obviously Harry, Hermione and Ron). After every chapter I would change my mind to Team Rob or Team Ben when I came to the conclusion that you can't chose a team because each character is incredibly compelling but in their own way. Usually I'm not a fan of how the point of view of the story differs with every chapter, but this was written so extraordinarily well that if it was written with one point of view the book would not be the same. I'm not ashamed to say that I got so frustrated with this heart-breaking tale that I did cry, but at the same time I laughed and loved the friendship that these three characters had. Overall I would recommend this book to everyone, especially if you are a teenage girl with Bdrama (boy drama), it tells you that anything and everything can change just don't be afraid to tell anyone how you feel. (Warning this book does make you a bit mushy and soppy for at least two hours after reading and during). An incredibly written novel with laugh, love and tears, you will not be able to rest until the book is finished.

The next book I plan on reading is a book that I was bought for Christmas and is a New York Times Bestseller. Let It Snow by John Green, Maureen Johnson and Lauren Myracle. I am quite excited about this book and cannot wait to start reading and reviewing. If a blurb on a book doesn't sound compelling or questioning I cant read it, even if my favourite author has slaved over his/her writing desk to write it. 'It's Christmas Eve and Gracetown has been buried by snow. but the weather is more than just and inconvenience. When one girl unexpectedly steps off a stranded train, she sets off a series of life-changing events... Soon fourteen pumped-up cheerleaders will descend on the local Waffle House, the Duke's DVD night will be rudely interrupted for a Twister mission, and a lovesick barista will determine the fate of a single teacup pig...As the three stories collide, strangers cross paths and romance blossoms with heart-warming consequences.' It was the 'teacup pig' that had me hooked.

I am also very tempted to do the Roof Beam Reader's Official TBR Pile Challenge. However I'm debating because I have about 60 books on my 'To Read' pile. I have until the end of the year to decide. If you have no idea what I am talking about then here's the link to all the details; http://roofbeamreader.com/2014/11/24/announcing-the-official-2015-tbr-pile-challenge/

(This is my first review so hopefully I'll start to get the hang of it and find out what is comfortable for me to do when writing one, so it might change a bit in the next couple of weeks.)

No comments:

Post a Comment